Wanted: Your addresses.
Why: To exchange holiday greeting cards.
When: Holiday season, 2010.
Every year I make a vain attempt to send out holiday cards and in some years, it happens but in others (like last year), it does not. 😉 Now that the major big stuff is over (I’ve graduated from Wayne and have gotten married), I’ve got a bit more time to work to spend on sending cards out this year.
The one caveat for this year is that I do not know where we’re going to be living in the month of December. We could be back in Grand Rapids or in another city entirely. I will not know until the end of the month (November) how this is going to play out, so, if you’d like to send us a card (Lisa + Justin and Wednesday the Pug), I am more than happy to update you when we get settled.
Please feel free to email, Facebook, tweet, LiveJournal or comment here with your address. Or if you prefer another method, let me know that too. If you’re interested in sending us a card, indicate that so I can notify you when our address is updated. If I already have your email address, I’ll be sending out an email within the next week or so with something similar to this.
IN ADDITION, I am (hopefully) will be mixing another holiday mix this season. I am soliciting for suggestions for a non-traditional non-denominational holiday muzak. Think kitsch and eyeroll, like 50 Shekel’s “Chanukah Jam” and “Jingle Belz” by Bootsy Collins with some Tom Waits and Pogues (always obvs choices) thrown in. Contact me at the above locations for your suggestions.
A weekly collection of my writings from around the web as defined here.
name of blog : direct link to article
AMPed – Your Virtual Front Door: Part III – Using Social Media for Advocacy
Excessively Diverting (tumblr) – Chapters 1 – 3 quotes, Pride and Prejudice
Librarians! Booksellers! Bibliophiles! I am in the process of doing a fairly large project that will be heavily dependent on used books. I am currently scouring local charity shops, used bookstores and library book sales for my needs, but thought I’d put the call out to the internets. I’m looking for a particular types of books, so if you have anything you think might be of interest to me via the list below, contact me via email, Facebook, Twitter or comment here and let me know what you have.
I will pay for shipping of the materials.
I am looking for:
- Classic authors (think Austen, Brontes, Melville, Dickens, Joyce, Tolstoy, etc) whose works are in the public domain. If you\’re unsure, email me for clarification or see if their work is available on Project Gutenberg. I’m not picky about the author or the title, just as long as it is in the public domain.
- Books by Ian Fleming, mainly James Bond series.
- Not terribly picky about edition, publishing house or locality. Will accept non-US based English and also foreign editions.
- Preferably hardcover but will accept paperbacks depending on size/condition.
- Would prefer and love large print versions, but not necessary.
- If the cover is ripped/torn/damaged, but the majority of the interior text is clean, I still want it.