As my convalescence was ending in August, I worked out a plan to jump start my writing as all the voices in my head were beginning to drive me to distraction. It was them or me. But as time marched on, my mobility has improved, and lifetm keeps getting in the way, some of those promises have gone to the wayside. I found when TheHusband would chain me to my desk and demand I write 1000 words, I could do that fairly easily, even with just a kernel of an idea. So with that in mind, I decided I’m going to use National Novel Writing Month as the public shame (in addition to TheHusband’s) to push myself back on track.
- Write five days a week, 2500 words each day
- Space break days apart.
- Adjust word count appropriately if missed more then two break days
- Does not include outlining or research
- Blog five days a week, 250-500 words each piece
- Blog pieces can be on any topic
- Alpha/beta reading does not count towards blog pieces since these are private
- No editing
- No website design changes. Period.
- Excluding household chores and the occasional eating, non-NaNoWriMo related activities (TV, cross-stitching, knitting, etc) are on hold until days word count has been reached
How you can support
- Become an alpha/beta reader
- Friend me on NaNoWriMo
- Follow Nibs of Fury, my writing group
- Like Exit, Pursued by a Bear on Facebook or follow via RSS, LiveJournal, or Tumblr
- Send me lots of vegan dark chocolate