A few weeks ago, I accidentally nuked the content at biblyotheke.net when I ssh’d in to my hosting server and accidentally deleted the wrong directory when I hit enter after the auto completion of “biblyotheke.net” instead of finishing it out with “biblyotheke.net.old.”
For some time, I’ve been whinging on my existential crisis (of sorts) in regards to my writing and social networked life. While I was hemming and hawing publicly, I started some backend work by pulling down the content from modgirl.net, which contained work from 1996-2008 as well as content from other blogs and my LiveJournal, in the attempt to start organizing it into a better searchable and indexed listing of writing with an idea to get it consolidated into a single location at some near future date. (So what I was whinging on about for the last several years, but at a task was to be done at leisure rather then rush, while I worked out my “issues.”)
The accidental nuking of the content at biblyotheke.net turned out to be an awesome way to for me to make an executive decision to fasttrack the content to biblyotheke.net and decommisioning modgirl.net and shesgotplans.net. Ergo, problem solved. So here is the haps of what is upcoming in the next few months:
- Starting immediately, I’ll be cross-posting content to both sites, but biblyotheke.net content will now be posting to Twitter/Facebook/LiveJournal while content from shegotplans.net will not.
- I’ve imported the content from shesgotplans.net over to biblyotheke.net over the weekend and I have been working, on and off, to straighten out the links, tags, categories and images over there. A lot is still broken, but should be fixed soonish.
- Once everything is fixed, I’ll be implementing 301 redirects from shegotplans.net over to biblyotheke.net to handle off-site links so they are not (that) broken.
- If you follow me using RSS feed, you will want to update your feed link to biblyotheke.net/feed since content will be duplicated on both sites starting immediately.
- I’ll be updating on progress by using sticky notes on both blogs on where I’m at over the change over.
- After everything has been fixed on biblyotheke.net, I’ll stop cross-posting to both blogs and will remove the duplicate information on shesgotplans.net.
As always, if you have any questions or shit is broken somewhere, email me at lisa at biblyotheke dot net.