Earlier this year I wrote down 5 goals I wanted to accomplish:
- Get a job and all the accouterments that go with said job
- Continue on with the healthy plan
- Travel more
- Write more and not just in my paper journal. Write true, write what matters, write what you love.
- Per the graphic, Be Fierce
A lot of these are general things already in progress (healthy plan, writing) while others, like travel more, are often planned dates and times. I’m heading to Chicago in March to be with my #cmmrb crew for C2E2 and there are some other travel plans potentially on the horizon. And I’m being as fierce as I possibly can be. Have I mentioned I’ve signed up to play ladies’ rugby? Yes. Me. Rugby.
But what I need, what I believe everyone needs, is to plan for things and accomplish in the next year. Some of them can be quite small and others can be amazingly large. Earlier this year, Gala Darling posted an illustrated list of her 50 Things Things To Do in 2016 with encouragement for her readers to use this a jumping off guide for their own list. I’m taking her challenge and decided to do my own 50 list, 10 of which I’ll reveal over each day over the next 5 days.
You may note there is far more than 50 items on my list and I’ll probably continue to add more as time goes on. Can’t hurt to over shoot!
A couple of things you may also note in these lists: Nothing having to do with romance and no couple-y things. I’m on dating lockdown for at least a year. It’s all about me, baby!
One thing I totally want to kick ass at this year? Being silly. I’m goofy as hell but I need to be sillier more. It’ll help with my often crippling social anxiety.
(I may not believe in a god, but I do believe in woo-woo. I have a close witchy friend who does tarot and spells for me and I’ve got lots of friends who are pagan and druids. Even if my belief isn’t super strong in the woo, I like having something to believe in and a lot of the list is woo-woo)
50 Things To Do in 2016: 1 – 10
- See at least two music show this year
- I used to see numerous shows a year, local and national bands, and that has petered off significantly.
- Learn how to read tarot cards
- Yes, it’s true. Mock all you want but a few days before TheEx and I split, I saw a psychic. She told me he and I were going to break up very soon (we did two days later), I was going to be married twice (one down!), and I would not have kids other than the furry kind (See.). It could all be pure coincidence but learning to read tarot is not going to hurt anyone. So there.
- Write a letter everyday for a month
- This, hopefully, will be happening during the month of February.
- Wear false eyelashes for no reason
- I’ve been told over and over again I don’t need them, but why the hell not try them for a night or two?
- Volunteer time at a least one charity
- I’ve been meaning to do this for ages, now that I’m in a city for some time, I should back up my talk.
- Commit to doing something physically challenging
- I start rugby in a few weeks. Hopefully I can keep up with it.
- Read a new fiction book a month
- The amount of fiction on my shelf and in my to read lists is staggering. Time to start cleaning that out.
- Read a new non-fiction book a month
- See fiction above.
- Buy and use more scented candles
- While gerbera daisies are my favorite, flowers make me sneeze. Here come the candles.
- Knit a
- I need to move on from hats and scarfs. This has been going on long enough.