During the Renaissance, cabinet of curiosities came into fashion as a collection of objects that would often defy classification. As a precursor to the modern museum, the cabinet referred to room(s), not actual furniture, of things that piqued the owners interest and would be collected and displayed in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes is my 21st century interpretation of that idea.
The Lisa Chronicles
- 08/02/1998 – Ovaries for Sale
- 08/18/1998 – miss me?
- 02/08/1999 – Open letter to the hacking community, from Adam Penenberg
- 04/09/1999 – true confessions
- 04/19/1999 – short but sweet
- 08/01/1999 – i keep coming back
- 08/08/1999 – if i can move it with you
- 08/15/1999 – i’ve been /’d
- 08/05/2003 – streaming
- 08/06/2003 – song was unintentional, i swear!
- Night Vale
Weekly watching: Project Runway, The Newsroom, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice, DaVinci’s Demons, The Vampire Diaries
- Pipe rolls, a form of accountancy of the Exchequer of the royal income in England, have not only survived since the 12th century, but they have now been digitized and are available freely online.
- Steven Moffat on female ‘Doctor Who’ rumors: “It didn’t feel right”
- Most definitely not available for Amazon Prime
- Gay Marriage in the year 100 CE
- Artists help the homeless with elegant typography
- Laurie Penny on being a woman online, Bomb Threats and Boredom
- Joaquin Phoenix falls in love with his computer in the new movie Her