During the Renaissance, cabinet of curiosities came into fashion as a collection of objects that would often defy classification. As a precursor to the modern museum, the cabinet referred to room(s), not actual furniture, of things that piqued the owners interest and would be collected and displayed in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes is my 21st century interpretation of that idea.
- the autobiography
- idea book
- the players
- in stereo
- Project Runway
- American Horror Story: Coven
Weekly watching: Atlantis, Homeland, Masters of Sex, Elementary, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Sleepy Hollow, Survivor, Downton Abbey, Boardwalk Empire, Doc Martin, QI, Peaky Blinders, The Newsroom, Sons of Anarchy, The Vampire Diaries
- “The Morrissey generation is running the country, and even if they came from Preston or Hull or Lanarkshire, and shared a background not unlike his, they are now closer, in just about every way – security, capital, lifestyle – to the likes of David Cameron than some young lad from Manchester.”
- Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex?
- Christian Louboutin’s new shoe line shows that ‘nude’ is a color spectrum
- Octavia Spencer Is Rebooting Murder, She Wrote
- Comcast’s HBO + Internet Plan Is the One You’ve Been Waiting For
This day in Lisa-Universe in: 2010