If there is any movie that reeks of saudade, it’s Amelie. While I’m busy moping around the US about life’s hard knocks and as if no one has ever had a broken heart, let’s get on with the show.
The Lisa Chronicles Vol 1: 1998 is coming out soon — January 31, 2015. While it will remain free on my site in its original diary form, if you wish to read it in eBook, you can pre-order it from Amazon for $2.99. It will be available from other eRetailers shortly after and also possibly in print.
As I write this, the final draft was submitted last night to Amazon. I am alternately thrilled and exhausted. I have a few pre-orders, more than I had anticipated, so that makes me happy. I did say to numerous people even if I sell just a few books, the fact I created something and put it out to the world means everything to me. (So go buy my book!)
I’m also thinking of doing an audiobook version of the book as a special reward for those who pre-ordered the book, but I need to figure out logistics on how to make that happen.
Something I’m super excited about is that I changed the cover for the book (which is located on your right) and I love this so much more than the previous covers I toyed with. I even went legit and bought the stock photo so I could have license to use it for the book cover.
What I wanted was something fresh and modern, with clean design and also something that did not necessarily look like every other book cover on the planet.
Pre-orders have been slow but they are coming and the fact I have more than one pre-order thrills me. I’m currently working on ways to promo the book and that should start to come to fruition in the next couple of weeks. But yay! Book!
I’m still on track to publish so glad is my heart in February and the submissions have been rolling in.
Don’t forget the submissions cannot be any longer than 500 words and the visuals should be relevant to the ‘zines themes. If you would like more information, check out the ‘zine’s about page.
Here are new posts at Exit, Pursued by a Bear from the last time we met:
- and with that, it is done In which I reveal the process of editing my first book.
- Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes for January 17, 2015 In which I reveal what I read, watched, listened, and liked in the past week.
- Circulating Ideas: Episode 58 #code4lib In which I reveal the interviews I did, for the Circulating Ideas podcast, at Code4Lib 2014. Topic is libraries, technology, and gender.
- here I am, don’t tread on me (have a banana) In which I reveal the drugs are starting not to work – again.
- saudade In which I reveal my version of saudade, the art of intense longing.
- Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes for January 10, 2015 In which I reveal what I read, watched, listened, and liked in the past week. A weekly feature, posting on Saturdays, that I put on hold since August and I am now rebooting.
And with that, I bid you adieu until we meet again.