Earlier this year, I worked on a project of documenting things I was grateful for and things that made me happy. I only got a few months in as I suddenly found myself with a job, I moved 1000 miles, and until October, my life was in job / location flux.
But even in that short amount of time, I came up with 99 things to be grateful for and 100 things that make me happy. Here is the list.
(I know numerous people found the list to be a great template to create their own lists so feel free to download!)
Since Tuesday’s upset, I’ve been working on loads of self-care to get me through this time and it’s been helping. I’m a big proponent and advocate of self-care and I think it’s one of the most important things we can do for ourselves. While we should always fight injustice, we’re not going to be any good unless we in the place to fight for ourselves.
Let me put it to you this another way:
If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” ― RuPaul
Here are more things to add to the lists:
- Getting off the internet. Period.
- Go for long walks
- Play video games (I’m currently enthralled with Animal Crossing. Friend code:4613-7073-9492)
- Working on my projects
- Text with close friends
- Breathing exercises
- Snuggling with TEH
- Cleaning house (don’t judge)
- Drinking hot tea
- Sleeping on freshly laundered sheets
- Making lists and knocking things off those lists
- Doing something kind for someone/things
- Eating chocolate
- Long near scalding showers
- Long hot baths with epsom salts (TEH only has a large walk in shower but if I have access to a tub, damn straight I’m getting my bath on)
- Read tarot cards
- Online shop (but not spending anything!)
- Watch Bridget Jones’ Diary, Pride and Prejudice (2005), Harry Potter series, or any other favorite movies
- Writing letters / postcards
- Wearing one of my perfume oils
There may be some cross-over from the original list to here but that’s okay. When I’m starting to feel anxious or stressed, I use one, or many, of the things listed above to calm me down.
What is your self-care?
One thought on “self-care, gratitudes, and making happy”
Comments are closed.