During the Renaissance, cabinet of curiosities came into fashion as a collection of objects that would often defy classification. As a precursor to the modern museum, the cabinet referred to room(s), not actual furniture, of things that piqued the owners interest and would be collected and displayed in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes is my 21st century interpretation of that idea.
- Fiction that I worked on this week. If you want to participate, you can sign up to be a beta reader.
- Previous works I’ve started putting up back online
- Downpour on my soul (Originally published online in April 1996)
Freaks and Geeks
I mainlined this show over the course of a day and a half. I fell in love so hard after the first episode, I did not want to savor the show; I wanted to devour it. The storytelling was skillful, it was subtle, and it was very much true. I found myself floating from falling in love with Daniel, then Nick, and finally knowing I had to be with Ken. Lindsay and Kim was very much me at that age, and it made my heart ache. Side note: I think if I had a modicum of understanding from my own parental units Lindsay had with hers, my life would have been widely different. Sam, Neal, and Bill all spoke to various bits of my geeky little heart, and I also saw them reflected in people I knew. High school is a cruel mistress, but the big gift F&G gave me was the ability to relive what I thought were years of hell, looking at it fondly and with genuine pleasure.
After my F&G high, I caught this weeks Big Bang Theory. My opinion on the matter can be found here. After the glory of F&G, Big Bang Theory is like buying vegan leather pants. No matter how you try to dress it up, it’s still a cheap, poorly made, badly designed knockoff.
- “I contain multitudes of names. We all do. Take your legal name, then add all the coddling nicknames and childish taunts, and your mother’s maiden name, which hovers somewhere by you like a ghostly penumbra, and you will end up with a lengthy sequence much like one of those demented royals from a mythic, tiny kingdom. But all of it is you and yours.”
- Rape versus Murder
- Do You Read in a Bubble?
- People demand to know: FULL list of the characters from Friends’ sexual partners.
- Why can’t any recent Sherlock Holmes adaptation get Irene Adler right?
- Quiz: Jay-Z Lyric or Line From The Great Gatsby?
- Sir Terry Pratchett on libraries
- 2,000 year old Roman theatre discovered in Kent
- “Don’t worry about growing up” and other advice from F. Scott Fitsgerald
- Learn how pronunciation of various Scotches and how to navigate the various flavors of Scotch
- Learn how to dress your hair as an authentic Roman vestal virgin (Janet Stephens also has a YouTube channel with instructions on other ancient hair styles)
- The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
One thought on “Collectioun of Cunnynge Curioustes: January 12, 2013”
Comments are closed.