In April, I took a whirlwind three day trip to Oakland, CA for a job interview. It was pretty brutal as I had to leave early on a Sunday, arrive mid-day California time. Spent all day Monday (about eight hours) in the interview, and then flew back out ungodly early on Tuesday morning. Though I got home at a reasonable hour on that Tuesday, I went almost immediately to bed and slept nearly 10 hours before waking up at 6AM the following day to get ready for work.
I typically take a day off when I’m doing so much travelling between time zones but as I could not afford to the time off, my early to bed helped a lot with the jet lag (mental note: Pick up melatonin). I ended up getting sick a few weeks later from all the travelling and weather changes, so small victories!
This trip was pretty light since I only needed clothes for two solid days, plus my travel clothes, and the available accountermonts. I was able to over pack with ease this time since my needs were so small, and I wanted options for my interview outfit. The gods were smiling on me as I was able to put together five complete outfits, and accountermonts, with room to spare.
The Gear / Gadgets / Geegaws
- Rickshaw Medium Zero Messenger bag in Performance Tweed
- Tom Bihn Aeronaut
- Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
- New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh Portable Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack
- LUSH solid shampoo
- LUSH solid body soap
- LUSH solid lotion
- Kensington KeyFolio Pro2 Removable Keyboard Case & Stand for iPad 2
|Tom Bihn bag:
As people seem to really enjoy the packing list posts, in addition the list of geegaws and gadgets of the stuff I use, you may be interested in also the following sites I use for inspiration:
- StyleBook – iOS app that allows you to catalog your closet and put together outfits.
- Outfit Posts – The blog and Pinterest boards of this site is amazing! MK puts together incredibly diverse “one suitcase” infographics that blow my mind away. Not only are the clothes from her own closet, but she also breaks them down by season.
- INTO MIND – A very, very minimalistic guide to overall living, the concentration is on quality over quantity. She also has a complete series on wardrobe diagnostics (which I haven’t used yet, but I want to) and other wonderful guides to being chic without spending a fortune. There is also the accompanying Pinterest.
- Here is a tag of all One Suitcase Outfits on Pinterest
This day in Lisa-Universe: 2013