I recently came across an article of a list of what one woman carries in her purse. Since we know I have a lovely fascination with packing lists, I thought it was a good idea to see what’s in my bag.
After looking for loads of months/years for the perfect messenger bag/purse, I think I may have stumbled across the perfect one. It’s small enough for me to use as a purse but big enough for me to carry my life. It’s got a front pocket as well as several inside pockets. It’s sturdy canvas so with my klutzy ass and spill something on it. The color is pretty neutral and it’s unobtrusive. (Yes, I know, I dress like a walking roll of Lifesavers but I like my bags to be more neutral.) Now the only problem with this bag is that the strap is too short as I need 52-54″ strap, this one is 48″ or so.
TheExHusband convinced me to try this bag out for awhile because he was sick of me buying items and sending them back. I know the feeling.
- Zelda bag, which carries drugs (legal kind), lipsticks/make-up, tampons, and basically all lady needs
- Two packs of gum. One from MINI, one I bought because I forgot about the one from MINI
- Sunglasses in Union Jack case
- Flowery case to hold my checkbooks and other flat/papery things so they don’t get smushed
- 2 containers of Tic Tacs
- Sparkly black wallet
- Small skull notebook
- Bottle of Ibuprofen
- Moleskine and pen bandolier
- Plastic bag to hold my glasses (need to get a new case for them)
- Another pair of sunglasses (this pair lives in my car, but I tend to forget to put them away, leaving them in my purse)
- Granola bar
- Epi pen
- Nail file
- Pear shaped change purse
- Car keys
- Pen to leave in my car
- Union jack folded shopping bag (not seen)
Could I get rid of some of my shit? Sure. I’ve even carried a much smaller bag but I always find that I’m missing something, so back to the big bags I go!
I’m opening up comments to see what others carry in their bags, so comment away!
P.S. Don’t want near daily emails or can’t make it here everyday but want to keep up with what’s going in my world? Subscribe to A Most Unreliable Narrator, a monthly-ish newsletter roundup of what’s happening. Bonus! Comes with GIFs!