Working at home today and getting supremely in the groove. Re-discovered that I used to do a round up, by month, of things that went on in the previous year as a year in review. This seems like a good idea to continue insofar as giving me a perspective for the year and helping me figure out what I need to improve or cut back on.
Previous years: 2000, 1997, 1996
- January TSBEH turned 35 and I ponder the time for an upgrade. My position at GRCC is opened for application and I decline to apply.
- February After 14 years, Wednesday the pug passed away. I wrote 15 pages for department accreditation for work.
- March I did my yearly sabbatical of taking a break from social media for 40 days and nights.
- April Still on sabbatical from social media. I head to C2E2 for the yearly get together with the cabal. I formally tell work I am not reapplying for my position.
- May TSTBEH and I head to Chicago to see Elbow. We also celebrate our four year wedding anniversary. My mania is kicking up a notch. I formally announce my year long sabbatical, starting in July, to write a book.
- June I turn 42. TSTBEH and I see Skinny Lister. I finish my last month at GRCC. I am served a cease and desist letter on a comment I said online.
- July I officially start my writing sabbatical and I LLC my publishing arm, Skaldic Press. TheBassist gets in touch for the first time in nearly a decade. I celebrate 16 years + 3 more in keeping a journal online. I am named a co-defendant in a $1.25M defamation lawsuit, also known as #teamharpy.
- August The mania, which had been popping in and out for a few months, starts to gain speed. The cabal and I spend our yearly weekend together at Throbbing Cabin getting drunk and going to the beach. I launch the submissions process for so glad is my heart. TSTBEH and I separate.
- September I visit the east coast to gain perspective and my BPD flares up. A high school boyfriend does his bi-yearly attempt to try and hook up. I make a plan for the future. Throbbing Manor goes on the market. I contact a divorce attorney.
- October I officially move out of Throbbing Manor and to the east coast; the house sells. My brother and I have a disagreement. I have my first mammogram and am told I have a 5-10mm cyst in my right breast.
- November I ponder being in love with two men. I debate the merits between TSTBEH and TheBassist. I spend a lot of time in hotels. I interview for jobs. I decide to get back on the bipolar drugs.
- December After another series of hotel stays, I move back to Michigan. On the 16 hour drive, I come up with ThePlan. I formally announce the publishing arm, Skaldic Press, and the launch of my book. I update Put A Cravat on It. I contemplate my humanity. I write more about ThePlan.
Neil Gaiman’s New Year’s wish for 2015:
Be kind to yourself in the year ahead.Remember to forgive yourself, and to forgive others. It’s too easy to be outraged these days, so much harder to change things, to reach out, to understand.Try to make your time matter: minutes and hours and days and weeks can blow away like dead leaves, with nothing to show but time you spent not quite ever doing things, or time you spent waiting to begin.Meet new people and talk to them. Make new things and show them to people who might enjoy them.Hug too much. Smile too much. And, when you can, love.
It’s been a helluva a year. Here’s to 2015 being boring and slow.